It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:39 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 PAiA 6710 Vocoder on Jeff H's performance 

Post PAiA 6710 Vocoder on Jeff H's performance
"In the Air Tonight" with me on keyboards and the PAiA Vocoder. This was recorded in 1999 off the main house soundboard, which is obvious by how the mix sounds. This was done a little differently than Phil Collins' keyboardist, in that I'm using two different keyboards for the pad and vocoder effect, rather than the same pad sound being fed through the vocoder. I didn't have the right cables for splitting the signal. Anyway, the pad sound comes from my Oberheim OB-8, and the vocoder sound is a lush string patch on my Kurzweil K2000. The mic is a cheap Shure SM-something. This recording is the one and only time we played this live. I don't believe we even rehearsed it, but we had all listened to it on our own. The bar wasn't very busy this night so we thought we'd try this song out for the first time. Like I said, I don't believe we did it again.

http://paia.com/manuals/docs/PTaud/In_t ... onight.mp3

Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:02 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]